Welcome to The Mews
The Mews is a luxury re-development of three self-catering apartments in an original Georgian courtyard. The courtyard sits within Burgage country house beside the river Barrow in Co. Carlow.
A loving Re-invention
Re-invented from an 1800’s farm courtyard each apartment is a chic and welcoming refuge from the daily grind. The brainchild of Elizabeth & Victor Connolly, the buildings still sit as they were originally laid out with newly designed interiors feauring a clever and contemporary mix of old and new.
Located just off the M9 Motorway the Mews is only an hour from Dublin and they are the perfect base to explore the Sunny South East of Ireland. Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford & Wicklow are right on your doorstep.
Each property has been lovingly restored. Recycled materials and eco-friendly methods were premium considerations. The resulting buildings are stylish, understated and super cosy places to stay.
Designed for Comfort & Relaxation
Each building features the following – carefully collated for your comfort.
- Superior beds, mattresses and pillows. Egyptian cotton bed linen
- Luxury en-suite bathrooms. Towels, toiletries and hairdryers.
- Fully fitted kitchens and well equipped. Basic cooking essentials provided.
- Spacious comfortable living areas
- Electric smart heating
- The Riverview apartment also has a wood burning stove. The wood is from the farm and is freely available.
- Satellite Smart TV
- DVD Player
- High speed Wi-Fi
- Books, board games, a variety of bicycles available to guests. Local bicycle hire options are also available.
- Access to extensive grounds with mature gardens and walks by river
- Visit the historic Dinn Righ Motte, seat of the High Kings of Leinster from the 9th Century.
- Hard core tennis court on site.Tennis racquets and balls available.
- Welcome pack, plus all linens, towels, heating, electricity, are all included in your rental.
- Picnic rugs, picnic baskets with flasks and utensils available for your use.
- Garden furniture and Webber BBQ also available in a covered BBQ area for all guests to use.
- You are welcome to enjoy fresh eggs from the hens and seasonal garden produce if available.
- Travel cot range available with prior notice
- Safe space for storing bicycles, golf gear etc.
These apartments all have upstairs elements which are not accessible for those with mobility issues.
There are a wealth of things to do in the area. For business travellers Kilkenny city and Waterford are within easy reach.
Leisure travellers will discover wonderful festivals, food markets, hiking, biking and memorable meals all within easy reach.
Carlow Tourism detail everything happening locally https://carlowtourism.com/
Learn more about Irelands Ancient East including Carlow https://www.discoverireland.ie/irelands-ancient-east