The Mews is a luxury redevelopment of three self-catering apartments in an original Georgian courtyard of a period country house overlooking the River Barrow in Co. Carlow. Located just off the M9 Motorway we are only an hour from Dublin and the perfect base to explore the Sunny South East of Ireland with Carlow, Kilkenny, Wexford & Wicklow right on your doorstep.
Each of our properties has been lovingly restored using recycled materials and eco-friendly methods. The resulting buildings are stylish, understated and super cosy places to stay.
- Superior beds, mattresses and pillows .Egyptian cotton bed linen
- Luxury en-suite bathrooms. Towels, toiletries and hairdryers.
- Fully fitted kitchens and well equipped. Basic cooking essentials provided.
- Spacious comfortable living areas
- Electric smart heating
- The Riverview apartment also has a wood burning stove. The wood is from the farm and is freely available.
- Satellite Smart TV
- DVD Player
- High speed Wi-Fi
- Books, board games, a variety of bicycles available to guests. Local bicycle hire options are also available.
- Access to extensive grounds with mature gardens and walks by river
- Access to the historic Dinn Righ Motte, seat of the High Kings of Leinster from the 9th Century.
- Hard core tennis court on site.Tennis racquets and balls available.
- Welcome pack, plus all linens, towels, heating, electricity, are all included in your rental.
- Picnic rugs, picnic baskets with flasks and utensils available for your use.
- Garden furniture and Webber BBQ also available in a covered BBQ area for all guests to use.
- You are welcome to enjoy fresh eggs from the hens and seasonal garden produce if available.
- Travel cot range available with prior notice
- Safe space for storing bicycles, golf gear etc.
Accessibility; The apartments due to their original use as corn store lofts all have upstairs elements which are not accessible for those with mobility issues.