The Mews is a perfect base for exploring the South East, Barrow Valley and Kilkenny. We are an hour (or under) drive from Rock of Cashel, Glendalough, The Irish National Stud, Kildare Village Shopping, Wexford coast, Waterford, Kildare. These are great options for day trips. We’ve listed our favourite things to do right here so you can plan your next trip away.
- Eigse Festival
- Visual Gallery and Theatre Carlow
- Kilkenny Arts Festival
- Butler Gallery Kilkenny
- Borris Festival of Writing
- Kilkenny Kilkenomics festival
- Kilkenny Cat Laughs Comedy Festival
- Our own Dinn Righ
- St Laserian’s Cathedral, Leighlinbridge
- Kilkenny Castle
- Huntingdon Castle
- Barrow Track
- Oak Park Forest
- Cloghrennane Woods
Look out for the Carlow Garden Trail Festival annual festival held every summer with a wide range of great speakers from the gardening world.
- Castlecomer Discovery Park Kilkenny
- Dunmore Caves Kilkenny
- “Go With The Flow” River Adventures Kilkenny.
- “Pure Adventure” Paddle SUP boards, Canoes
- St Laserians Cathedral
- Arboreteum Home and Garden Heaven
- Royal Oak Whiskey Distillery
- Carlow County Military Museum
Gowran Park is the local track. There are also tracks at:
- The Curragh
Food & Eating Out
There are a wide selection of restaurants in Kilkenny City including Zuni, The Design Centre, Paris Texas, Campagne, Rinuccinni & Lana.
Carlow town also has a selection of restaurants & great cafes and five minutes down the road we have the Arboretum Garden Centre which is great for lunch & shopping and also The Lord Bagenal which boasts great food and a superb wine list.